Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Rogue One


It’s been a while since I posted and things have been a bit crazy lately to say the least, but I figured I’d get back into the groove with something genuinely worth blogging about. And today, I’m still geeking out about the newest standalone Star Wars film coming out this December. Rogue One!

Nuts as it sounds, I think I’m actually more excited about this next Star Wars film than the new trilogy they’ve started. I really love the new trailer and the actors in it, and even the way they use the alarm effect from the imperial star destroyers. I especially love that they’re making a genuine effort to fold this story into the larger original trilogy with tact and accuracy.

In addition, I really like that the film is intended to be a standalone. I’ve got nothing against sequels, but sometimes I think a film is done better if they try to actually make a plot that begins and ends all within the same movie. So this December, I know what motion picture I’ll be going to see, how about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment