Friday, February 13, 2015

Guest Speaker at 2015 San Francisco Writer’s Conference!!!


This morning I got to speak to five or six hundred awesome attendees at this year’s San Francisco Writer’s Conference! Needless to say, I’m pretty pumped and had a great time interacting with everyone while sharing my story. Helping to draw a crowd, it also probably didn’t hurt that President Obama was literally across the street at the Fairmont Hotel during my speech. ;)

As a former attendee myself, it was pretty surreal to address people who were sitting where I had been just two short years ago. On top of that, some of the other speakers I got to share the stage with were people I had listened to at previous conferences. Never did I guess I’d get to shake hands and hang out with such talented writers and members of the publishing industry.

So where to from here, right? I think I’m just going to enjoy the feeling today. After all, tomorrow is another day and I’ve got plenty of edits from my publisher to go through before I get to see my novel on the shelf at the bookstore. Nonetheless, I definitely think I’m going to remain in a celebratory mood. J

No comments:

Post a Comment