Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Amazon Prime (& DS9)

What do you think of Amazon Prime? Angry at the price hike to $99 bucks? How about the free Amazon Instant Video features though?

My wife started a free trial month with Amazon Prime, and frankly I wasn’t too thrilled at first. I don’t want to pay for it, but she promises to cancel once the first free month ends. On the flip side, I really dig the free Amazon Instant Videos they provide, and have been watching old Star Trek Deep Space Nine episodes. It’s almost worth it just for that!

But I think the controversy over Amazon raising their prices touches on an important point regarding the sale of books, video, music, and any other kind of media online. What really constitutes a fair price? Should everything be free or are you willing to pay more for top quality? What do you think?    


No comments:

Post a Comment